Monday, May 9th, 2022 by Marisa Morgillo
Spring is here and it's time to break out the power washer and start cleaning up your home. Remember not to power wash your roof though! Homeowners have asked the question, "can I power wash my roof?" and the simple answer to that is no. There are roof washes that can help clean the roof, however, pressure washing is never a good idea. Often the idea of cleaning the roof is overlooked, but it is important to provide your roof with the care it needs to increase its longevity. Marcor Roofing has put together a spring cleaning checklist for your roof so you can begin your spring the right way.
Some ways to clean up your roof area are by:
1. Cleaning off any debris like branches and leaves on your roof that have built up over the winter months.
2. Check your roof for any loose shingles or damage from the ice and snowy months.
3. Inspect your flashings around chimneys, pipe flashings, and any other vents or roof penetrations for cracking or signs of wear and tear.
4. Check the attic for any water staining or evidence of leaks.
5. While you are up on the roof, now is a great time to clean out those gutters and make sure your leaders are clear from debris too! In the event you have any damage from the winter months, our team is ready to help you with any roofing-related questions!
our service area